Full Body Massage (60 or 90 minutes)
Ayurvedic medicine is the route of all massage treatments and literally translates as ‘life knowledge’.
Ayurveda is about wellness all through our lives and not just when we pull a muscle or hurt ourselves.
During this full body massage the body is anointed with warm sesame oil and long flowing strokes from head to toe. Recently a client said that even though the touch was lighter than a deep tissue treatment it gave her body the chance to “breathe and all the aches she had been feeling in her shoulders went”.
Kansu Bowl Foot Massage (45 mins)
A traditional Ayurvedic foot and lower leg massage using a kansu bowl and ghee (clarified butter), containing three metals, copper, bronze and zinc each with therapeutic benefits.
- Copper helps absorb the excess body heat and is known for its anti-inflammatory properties particularly in the joints.
- Zinc stimulates the muscular tissue (mamsa dhatu) as well as contain antiseptic properties.
- Bronze acts as a catalyst for the former.
Therefore balancing for pitta (the fire element) plus works on the other elements of the body (Eather, air, water, Earth).
First the feet are prepared with a marma pressure stimulation. After that the bowl is used in soft and vigorous rubbing movements over the soles of the feet, which result in deep release and relaxation.
This treatment may assist
- deeper sleep
- help reduce stress, depression and anxiety
- Improve overall metabolism and strengthen the lower limbs.
For a great combination add to other treatments with Lorena such as a Pedicure, Facial or Indian Head Massage.
Lorena works at Natural Balance on Tuesdays, Fridays plus 2 Saturdays and Sundays a month. To check her actual availability click here.