After completing a PhD in Psychology and working as a researcher for many years, I decided to leave the lab behind and retrain as a massage therapist. I trained at the London School of Sports Massage (LSSM) and qualified as a clinical sport and remedial massage therapist at the beginning of 2014. I have since completed a number of professional development courses, including pregnancy/post-natal massage and myofascial release.
I am fascinated by the musculoskeletal system and driven by the desire to help people overcome pain and discomfort through the use of soft tissue therapy. My treatments are bespoke and include assessment, treatment, and rehabilitation advice, where needed. I have treated a diverse range of individuals, including aerialists; climbers; runners; pregnant and post-natal mums; and office workers.
I am a full member of the Institute of Sport and Remedial Massage (ISRM) and have professional indemnity insurance and first aid training.
My therapeutic qualifications/training:
- Shoulder Joint Masterclass (John Gibbons; Bodymaster Method)
- Instrument Assisted Massage 1:1 training (IAM Tools)
- Pregnancy and Post-Natal Massage, including Remedial Therapy (Jenny Burrell; North London School of Sports Massage)
- Forearm and Deep Tissue Massage (JING Advanced Massage Training)
- Carpel Tunnel, Wrist & RSI pain (JING Advanced Massage Training)
- Anatomy on Cadavers: Common injuries of the upper and lower body (Imperial College London)
- BTEC (Level 5) Professional Diploma in Clinical Sport and Remedial Massage (London School of Sports Massage)
Treatments I offer:
- Sports and Remedial Massage
- Myofascial Release
- Sports Massage with Myofascial Release
- Pregnancy and Post-Natal Massage
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Swedish Massage
I work at Natural Balance on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday mornings and also one Saturday morning per month. Check my availability here.