I have been working with complementary therapies since 1999 and have a passion for Traditional Chinese Medicine and advanced therapeutic massage. I have travelled extensively both in the UK and overseas to learn the best techniques to help my patients restore a sense of health and vitality.
I like to fuse together specialist techniques of deep tissue and clinical massage, myofascial release, acupressure and acupuncture which I have studied for more than 10-years at some of the UK’s leading massage institutions as well as overseas, including the Shandong University of Traditional Chinese Medicine in China and The White Lotus Foundation in California. I have also travelled to India for further massage training in Chavutti Thirumal.
As an acupuncturist, I find that using needles or acupressure as part of my treatments can powerfully enhance the benefits and results.
Having such a wide range of skills, every person I see is given a detailed consultation before we agree how best to work together to achieve the best results. In my therapeutic work, I have treated people with all manner of aches and pains including, back neck and shoulder pain, sciatica, hip, lumbar, knee and ankle problems.
As a member of the Institute of Sports and Remedial Massage and the CNHC, I have also had extensive experience of treating runners and sports enthusiasts and have had great results when treating a wide range of ailments including rotator cuff, knee and hamstring injuries as well as more complex problems, such as frozen shoulder, tennis elbow and plantar fasciitis.
I passionately believe in rehabilitative exercise and have trained as a yoga teacher as well as studying therapeutic yoga.
My therapeutic training includes:
- Advanced Certificate in Acupuncture & Moxibustion – Shandong University of Traditional Chinese Medicine (China)
- Chavutti Thirumal – Certified
- BhTEC Diploma in Acupuncture
- NYR/IFPA Diploma in Aromatherapy & Essential Oil Science
- Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture – Certified
- Chavutti Thirumal (massage by foot pressure) – Certified
- Full Body Deep Tissue Massage – Art Riggs
- Jing Advanced Massage Certificate in Hot Stone Massage
- Hopi Ear Candling – Certified
- LCICI Diploma in Indian Head Massage
- MFR UK – Integrated Myofascial Therapy Levels 1,2,3 & Advanced
- Diploma in Natural Facial Massage
- ITEC Diploma in Onsite Massage
- Diploma in Pregnancy Massage
- Positional Release Technique – LSSM Certified
- LSSM/BTEC Diploma in Sports & Remedial Massage
- ITEC Diploma in Anatomy, Physiology and Massage (Swedish)
- BhTEC Master Practitioners Diploma in Traditional Thai Massage
- Therapeutic Yoga – White Lotus Foundation Certified
- Yoga Teacher – White Lotus Foundation Certified
Treatments I Offer
- Sports & Remedial Massage
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Myofascial Release
- Chavutti Thirumal
- Swedish Massage
- Indian Head Massage
- Traditional Thai Massage
- Hopi Ear Candling
- Hot Stone Massage
- Natural Facelift Massage
- Pregnancy Massage
- Personal Yoga (1 on 1)
I work at Natural Balance Therapies on Tuesday, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. Click here to check my availability.