When booking a nutritional therapy consultation, the health questionnaire and food diary need to be downloaded, filled out and returned 5 days before your appointment. The food diary covers 4 days (incl a weekend) so we recommend you download the forms at least 10 days before you want an appointment. This is to save time during your first appointment so we can focus on the issues you would like to address.
If you have any problems downloading the forms please contact Sarah
email@example.com or 07879 646428
Completed forms can be posted or e-mailed (see Sarah’s e-mail address above). If posting the forms back please allow time for this when booking.
Download your Food Diary and Questionnaire
Download these at least 10 days before your appointment. Completed forms must be returned to Sarah 5 days before your appointment.
Taking the first step towards better health is always the hardest part, whether it’s a healthy eating plan or starting a new exercise regime. Your initial contact with Sarah Kirby Nutrition offers you the chance to discuss your health issues or concerns, what you would like to achieve, and as to if nutritional therapy is right for you. It also offers a chance for us to get to know each other and book your initial consultation.
Prior to your initial consultation you will be sent an in-depth health questionnaire and food diary. You will be asked to fill these in and return them before your consultation. Both are detailed, this enables me to build up a bigger and better picture of your health before we meet and allows more time to discuss your health issues, aims and expectations face to face.
During your initial consultation we’ll go through your questionnaire and food diary, this will give us a chance to discuss your health concerns in detail and to clarify any points raised. I will explain what dietary, nutritional and lifestyle factors I believe to be affecting your health, and working together we can set some realistic, attainable goals to help improve your symptoms.
Your treatment plan will take into account any personal and lifestyle factors that may be a challenge on your road to wellness. I may also recommend dietary supplements or laboratory health tests where necessary.
At the end of your consultation you will receive:
- • A detailed treatment plan, inc. dietary advice on foods to eliminate or introduce, lifestyle and exercise advice if necessary, meal ideas.
- • Fact sheets containing supporting information about your health condition.
- • A comprehensive supplement plan if necessary, detailing what to take and why.
- • A recommendation of laboratory health tests where necessary.
NB: Please note that dietary supplements and health tests are purchased separately and are not included in the price of an initial consultation.
A telephone call and email support of up to 15 minutes in total are available between appointments and are included in the price of the initial consultation.
These are recommended to monitor the progress you have made after implementing any changes, to help keep motivation going and to discuss any further symptoms that may have arisen. A follow-up consultation would usually take place between 4 and 8 weeks after your initial one.
Follow-ups also give us the chance to discuss the results of any health tests you may have had done (either privately or from your GP) and to take your treatment plan to the next level, all the while taking into account what is realistic and achievable.
A telephone call and email support of up to 15 minutes in total are available between appointments and are included in the price of the follow-up consultation. Further follow-up appointments will be advised depending on what you would like to achieve, your health condition, to help motivation, and to assess any further changes that may need making to your programme.
When is Nutritional Therapy beneficial?
There are times when our nutritional requirements are higher, for example on diagnosis of a specific health condition, after illness, during periods of prolonged stress, in puberty and around pregnancy.
Nutritional therapy aims to identify the underlying causes of your health concerns, providing long-term relief. Some of the areas where nutritional therapy can be of benefit are:
- • Nervous system – Headaches, migraines, stress, anxiety.
- • Food intolerance’s/allergies.
- • Hormonal issues – PMS, menopause, PCOS, thyroid disorders.
- • Skin health – Eczema, psoriasis, acne.
- • Digestive problems – IBS, bloating, constipation, diarrhoea, flatulence.
- • Musculo-skeletal health – Arthritis, osteoporosis, gout, fibromyalgia.
- • Weight management – Blood sugar problems, food cravings, anorexia.
- • Mental health – Depression, insomnia.
- • Energy – Low energy, ME, chronic fatigue.
- • Immunity – Frequent colds/viruses.
- • Heart health – High blood pressure, high cholesterol.
- • Respiratory health – Asthma, bronchitis.
- • Sports nutrition.
- • Maintaining a healthy diet!
There are of course many other areas where nutritional therapy can be of help, so please give me a call even if your own particular concerns are not covered in the above list.