How do I make an appointment?
We have temporarily changed the way appointments are made to allow us time to pre-screen clients.
If more than 5 hours ahead you can still book online but please note that your appointment is not confirmed until your chosen therapist has phoned you to pre-screen.
If less than 5 hours ahead you can now only book by phone but your chosen therapist will still need to call you back to pre-screen and confirm the appointment.
This means it may be harder to make last-minute appointments when your therapist is not available to talk to you e.g. busy with other appointments.
What is a pre-screen?
The purpose of the pre-screen is to establish that it is safe to proceed with your treatment. Being in a ‘high risk’ group in terms of your health or being in contact with someone with Covid-19 or displaying symptoms may mean you need to delay having a treatment.
In addition to a detailed pre-screen, you will be contacted 24 hours ahead to confirm nothing has changed.
What pre-cautions are the therapists taking?
The therapists are following government guidance to minimise risk which means:
- Following instructions on social distancing
- Wearing PPE as guided when treating clients
- Avoiding contact with each other at Natural Balance
- Taking their temperatures and not coming into work if feeling unwell or showing any potential Covid symptoms
- Following any instructions to self-isolate if displaying symptoms or advised by an NHS Tracker
What about the Treatment Rooms?
The treatment rooms are sanitised before and after each client. We have increased the time between appointments to allow for this.
If there are soft furnishings in the practice room, they will be covered by couch roll. Cushions and soft furnishings will have been removed.
The treatment table will have been thoroughly disinfected. The linens are all clean, and you will be asked to bring and wear a mask.
What other changes have been made?
- Using 3 different doors to access the clinic.
- Asking most clients to bring and wear a face covering (your therapist can give more details before your treatment).
- The waiting room is temporarily out of use so arrive at your exact appointment time.
- Asking clients to come alone.
- Taking payment by card only.
- Increased time between clients for cleaning.
- Bring your own water bottle.
To minimise the risk of clients coming into contact with each other we are using 3 different doors to welcome our clients. The main front door, where the entry phone is, and two doors off the car park at the rear of the building. As part of the pre-screening, your therapist will confirm which door you should come to and at what time.
All communal areas including the waiting room and the reception area are temporarily out of use and the doors to the centre are locked so please arrive exactly at your appointment time to avoid having to stand outside for too long.
We are asking clients to come alone, unless by prior arrangement (e.g. children), as everyone attending the clinic needs to be screened.
The treatment will continue as per usual, though we would recommend not chatting to avoid droplet formation.
When the treatment is over please leave the couch roll and any linens on the table. Put your clothes back on and your mask and exit again without touching anything. Please wash or sanitise your hands before leaving the treatment room.
Payment ideally should be made prior to the appointment to avoid touching card machines or money.
There will be extra time between clients, to enable disinfection of the practice space, therapy table and equipment, hallways and bathrooms etc, with enough time to dry and take effect.