After completing a PhD in Psychology and working as a researcher for many years, I decided to leave the lab behind and retrain as a massage therapist. I trained at the London School of Sports Massage (LSSM) and qualified as a Clinical Sport and Remedial Massage Therapist in 2014. I am passionate about continuing to learn and develop as a therapist and have since completed a number of professional development courses, including pregnancy/post-natal massage and myofascial release. I’m also enthusiastic about sharing knowledge and work as tutor for LSSM Brighton, on their BTEC Level 5 Soft Tissue Therapy course.
As a therapist, my main goal is to work collaboratively with my clients to help them overcome pain and discomfort. My treatments are bespoke and I draw on a range of techniques. I also give rehabilitation advice, where needed. I have experience of working with a range of conditions, including (but not limited to) low back pain, sciatica, thoracic outlet syndrome, tennis/golfers elbow, and runners knee.
I am a full member of the Institute of Sport and Remedial Massage (ISRM) and have professional indemnity insurance and first aid training.
My therapeutic qualifications/training:
• Integrated Myofascial Therapy, Level 1 (MFR UK)
• Shoulder Joint Masterclass (John Gibbons; Bodymaster Method)
• Instrument Assisted Massage 1:1 training (IAM Tools)
• Pregnancy and Post-Natal Massage, including Remedial Therapy (Jenny Burrell; North London School of Sports Massage)
• Forearm and Deep Tissue Massage (JING Advanced Massage Training)
• Carpel Tunnel, Wrist & RSI pain (JING Advanced Massage Training)
• Anatomy on Cadavers: Common injuries of the upper and lower body (Imperial College London)
• BTEC (Level 5) Professional Diploma in Clinical Sport and Remedial Massage (London School of Sports Massage)
Treatments I offer:
- Sports and Remedial Massage
- Myofascial Release
- Sports Massage with Myofascial Release
- Pregnancy and Post-Natal Massage
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Swedish Massage
I work at Natural Balance on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays; I also work at least one Saturday per month.Check my availability here.