I have been working with complementary therapies since 1999 and have a passion for Traditional Chinese Medicine and advanced therapeutic massage.
I have travelled extensively both in the UK and overseas to learn the best techniques to help my patients restore a sense of health and vitality.
I like to fuse together specialist techniques of deep tissue and clinical massage, myofascial release, acupressure and acupuncture which I have studied for more than 10-years at some of the UK’s leading massage institutions as well as overseas, including the Shandong University of Traditional Chinese Medicine in China and The White Lotus Foundation in California. I have travelled to Thailand for additional yoga and meditation training and to India for extensive massage training in Chavutti Thirumal.
As an acupuncturist, I find that using needles or acupressure as part of my treatments can powerfully enhance the benefits and results.
Having such a wide range of skills, every person I see is given a detailed consultation before we agree how best to work together to achieve the best results. In my therapeutic work, I have treated people with all manner of aches and pains including, back neck and shoulder pain, sciatica, hip, lumbar, knee and ankle problems.
As a professional member of CThA, I have extensive experience of working with people from all walks of life and treating a wide range of ailments. Such as rotator cuff, knee and hamstring injuries as well as more complex problems, such as frozen shoulder, tennis elbow and plantar fasciitis. I passionately believe in rehabilitative exercise and have trained as a yoga teacher as well as studying yin and therapeutic yoga.
I am a life long student and have travelled extensively to further my skills. I am a devoted vegetarian and constantly strive to further my own personal growth and development. I believe in encouraging people to feel empowered and to find their own answers by taking an active and responsible role in their lives.
My therapeutic training includes:
- Advanced Certificate in Acupuncture & Moxibustion – Shandong University of Traditional Chinese Medicine (China)
- BhTEC Diploma in Acupuncture
- NYR/IFPA Diploma in Aromatherapy & Essential Oil Science
- Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture – Certified
- Chavutti Thirumal (massage by foot pressure) – Certified
- Full Body Deep Tissue Massage – Art Riggs
- MCS Diploma in Flower Essence Therapy
- Hawaiian Style Hands Free Massage (Lomi Lomi) – CMA Certified
- Advanced Massage Certificate in Hot Stone Massage
- Hopi Ear Candling – Certified
- LCICI Diploma in Indian Head Massage
- MFR UK – Integrated Myofascial Therapy Levels 1,2,3 & Advanced
- Diploma in Natural Facial Massage
- ITEC Diploma in Onsite Massage
- HABC PTTLS Level 4 Teaching Qualification
- Diploma in Pregnancy Massage
- Positional Release Technique – LSSM Certified
- TTS Diploma in Reflexology
- Usui Reiki Levels 1,2,3 Master/Teacher
- Shamanic Practitioner Diploma – The Sacred Trust
- Professional Shiatsu Diploma
- LSSM/BTEC Diploma in Sports & Remedial Massage
- ITEC Diploma in Anatomy, Physiology and Massage (Swedish)
- BhTEC Master Practitioners Diploma in Traditional Thai Massage
- Warm Bamboo Massage – CMA Certified
- Therapeutic Yoga – White Lotus Foundation Certified
- Yoga Teacher – White Lotus Foundation Certified
- Advanced Yoga Teacher (Deepening Your Practice) – White Lotus Foundation Certified
- Yin Yoga Teacher – Insight Yoga Institute Certified
I am a registered practitioner member of the CThA.
- Sports & Remedial Massage
- Myofascial Release
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Hot Stones
- Hawaiian Lomi Lomi Massage
- Chavutti Tirumal
- Pregnancy Massage
- Swedish Massage
Steve works at Natural Balance on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Friday and Saturdays. To check his availability click here.