After working and managing teams in the Fast Moving Consumer Goods Industry, I decided to leave and retrain as a massage therapist at the London School of Sports Massage (LSSM). I qualified as an ISRM Certified clinical sport and remedial massage therapist in 2016, and have since continued to develop my knowledge, passing further professional development courses and diplomas at the Jing Institute.
It was through triathlon, running, playing golf, and through working in offices over the last 20 years (aching neck, back, wrists) that I first experienced massage therapy, and then became interested in it not only as a means to recover from injury, but also to prevent it. I have since become fascinated by the musculoskeletal system, and how the various massage techniques, plus improvements to a person’s posture and strength through self-care, can help relieve pain and stiffness.
Each of my treatments are tailored to the needs and goals of the individual, whether it be to relieve everyday postural aches and pains, prepare for and/or recover from surgery, manage both pre and post event training, or to simply relax and de-stress. They include assessment, treatment, and if needed, rehabilitation advice.
I am a full member of the Institute of Sport and Remedial Massage (ISRM) and have professional indemnity insurance and first aid training.
- BTEC Level 5 Diploma in Clinical Sports & Remedial Massage (London School Of Sports Massage)
- Forearm & Deep Tissue Massage (Jing Advanced Massage Training)
- Carpel Tunnel, Wrist, RSI & Arm Pain (Jing Advanced Massage Training)
- TMJ, Face & Jaw pain (Jing Advanced Massage Training)
- Diploma in Hot Stone Massage (Brighton Holistics)
- Kinesiology Taping (ProActive Training)
- Taping & Strapping (ProActive Training)
- FAA Level 2 Emergency First Aid At Work (QCF)
Treatments I offer:
- Sports & Remedial Massage
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Swedish Massage
- Hot Stone Massage
- Deep Tissue with Hot Stone Massage
I work at Natural Balance Therapies on Sundays and Mondays plus cover other shifts on occasion.